Listed below are the requirements for those students who wish to run for Senior Class Office.
- Given the responsibilities and extra work necessary to execute the duties of the Class President, the President of the Senior Class will not be eligible to be The President of the National Honor Society or Honor Council.
- All candidates must have fifty-five (55) percent of their current “junior” class sign their petition to run for office. (Signing does not commit a vote only that you support their candidacy).
- All candidates will have two written recommendations from his/her mentor and a full time R-MA teacher.
- All candidates must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5.
- All will be in good standing with Randolph-Macon Academy as determined by the Senior Class Advisor, Commandant of Cadets, and Academic Dean. Disqualifying examples while holding office can include but are not limited to:
- Cadet Development
- Excessive tours
- Subpar academic performance.
Class of 2015 Election Timeline
- All petitions and letters of recommendation must be submitted to Mr. Barbour no later than August 28, 2014.
- During the Senior Retreat (August 29, 2014) all candidates will deliver their speech.
- September 8, 2014 during tutorial (the Senior Class) will vote for all offices.
- September 9, 2014 winners will be announced.